Saturday, February 26, 2011

On a lighter note....

Because I've been way too contemplative & serious these days, I thought I'd share some mundane details of my life....

I laughed hysterically when I heard this today ~ (click on link) Warthog on Eucalyptus

I attempted another run this morning but my body felt sooooo tired. I have a long way to go for the 10K in April. Sheesh.

Almonds have been soaked & are dehydrating, ready to eat without all those pesky enzyme inhibitors. 

I'm almost finished with Cutting for Stone. It's an excellent book but for some reason it's taking me weeks (months?) to finish! I'm sure it has something to do with all the other books I'm reading at the same time. A habit I can't get out of & don't wish to.

I love cats & if I had my camera handy, I'd take a picture our our sweet little one sleeping on my leg right now. Prrrrr. Well, she actually doesn't purr. Isn't that odd? 

I still have white lights hanging on the fireplace mantel & a small "winter tree" in the family room with ornaments of icicles & snowflakes. Even though I'm ready for spring just like the other 10 million people in the midwest, I love my cozy lights!

Why do fools fall in love? Why do birds sing so gay?

G'night.

2 comments:

  1. I love to read your writing, Stephanie! And so glad you are sharing it with us all.

    I am with you on Cutting for Stone. I started it for book club and really liked it, but it was so dang slow (too many descriptors for me). It was a book I kept thinking, this is good, I'm supposed to like this, but couldn't get through it in time, so I peacefully put it to rest. Then I picked up "Room" and couldn't put it down - just finished it today. Depressing, but in a good way (if that's possible?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutting for Stone definitely has it's high & low points. Now that I'm nearing the end, though, it's getting good & I must find out what happens. I'll fill you in so you don't have to read the rest!

    ReplyDelete